This spicy dish is great as a quick snack, entrée or finger food cooked on an indoor char-grill or in a frying pan, or as part of a larger barbecue spread cooked on an outdoor barbie.
- 700g green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Coriander & Pepper Paste
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves, roots and stems all roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make Coriander & Pepper Paste: place all ingredients in a mortar and use a pestle to pound into a coarse paste.
- Coat prawns with the paste and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill plate.
- Cook the prawns for 1-2 minutes until well coloured, then turn and cook for a further minute or 2 until just opaque all the way through.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Alternative Species: Bugs, marron, redclaw, rocklobsters, yabby. © Sydney Fish Market 2013