Brad Pitt has just released his second public statement since news of his divorce from Angelina Jolie was announced last week.
The actor has backed out of a scheduled red carpet commitment saying in a statement that his “family situation” is his main focus right now.
Pitt was scheduled to appear in New York on Wednesday to help promote the film Voyage of Time which he narrates.The actor pulled out at the last minute in the wake of his shock split from wife Angelina Jolie.
“I’m very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I’m currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see,” he said in a statement.
Brad’s first statement was issued last Monday following the divorce announcement; “I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the wellbeing of our kids,” he said at the time. “I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time.”
The couple’s six children are currently with their mother in a rented house in Malibu. Sources say none of the children have seen their father since the separation and are very eager to be reunited with him. They are said to miss him terribly while they remain with their mother. Angelina has taken Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8, with her to a home in Malibu while court proceedings take place to finalise the divorce.
Photos: Google images