Carrot Salad is French inspired. Very quick with a food processor, or you can use a traditional grater. The tangy dressing compliments barbecue meat or hearty lamb well.
Time: 10 Minutes,
Serves: 4 – 6
- 5 Carrots
- ½ bunch Parsley
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 large Lemon (juice)
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 1.Grate the peeled carrots.
- Combine in a large bowl with chopped parsley and chopped spring onions.
- 2.In a separate small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 3.Toss the grated salad, adding the dressing.
TIP : This salad can be made 1hr ahead including the dressing. The flavours will develop. Taste when dressing the salad, then again when serving. Add a little salt or lemon juice if needed.
Amy McEntee is a mum of two and the author of Sydney based food blog, Eat Raise Love. A lover of all things food (& wine!), Amy is often found cooking for playdates and gifting meals to others. Amy cooks from the heart and shares her easy, healthy recipes and meal ideas for busy families.