The Healthy Alternative to Flavoured Milk! Fangks Review
Navigating the supermarket shelves in search of healthy snacks and drinks for my children isn’t always easy, so when a friend told me about a great healthy alternative to chocolate milk that she’d recently discovered, I was all ears. My eldest son has ADHD, and as such I have to be careful of what he consumes. The effect that sugary foods have on him is quite marked and almost instantaneous – and to say that they leave him bouncing off the walls is an understatement! So sugary treats are kept to a minimum for all three of my children and generally reserved for special occasions. But I figured, if the healthy, sugar-free alternative Fangks was every bit as good as my friend said it was – perhaps I could give the children chocolate milk more regularly without having to weather the hyperactivity aftermath!
Coincidentally, before I had even made it to the local supermarket to do my weekly grocery shopping, I was given the opportunity to review…you guessed it…Fangks! After glancing over the packaging I could already see why my friend had been so impressed.
- No artificial colours or flavours.
- No added sugar – sweetened with Natvia (100% natural sweetener derived from the Stevia plant – with no bitter aftertaste).
- Contains 7 vitamins and minerals including, Vit C, Vits B1 and B2, Vit A, Calcium, Magnesium and Iron
- Low calorie alternative to other flavoured milk (it also comes in Strawberry flavour – which also contains no artificial colours or flavours, and is coloured pink using colour extracted from Beetroots!)
- Free from Gluten, nuts, wheat, eggs, yeast, GMOs.
- No nasties like Aspartame or Saccharin
- Suitable for diabetics
But how would it fare in the taste testing?
It’s safe to say that they LOVE it!
It smells and tastes amazing – and they have no idea of all of the extra vitamins and minerals they are getting!
My eldest son is even allowed to have chocolate milk BEFORE bed now (he likes his warm!) – which would have been unheard of before!
Fangks is available from Coles and Woolworths and Independent Supermarkets. (You’ll find it in the aisle with the coffee and hot chocolate drinks!) We highly recommend it!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Vitarium. However all thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.