Hair chalking is a craze that is taking the world by storm at the moment,
and I want to get in on the action! It is perfect for those who want the colour but not the commitment.
Before we get started, just a tip for you blonde beauties out there, do not wet your hair if you are only wanting the colour in for the night, otherwise it will stain your hair for a few days.
Hair chalking would also be a great idea for your little ones if they have “Mad Hair Day’s” at school.
Here’s my hair chalking how to:
What you need –
- Soft Pastel Chalks – do not use Oil Pastels, they wil stain your hair plus everything else!
- Spray Bottle of Water – optional,you could just wet the strands with your hands if preferred.
- Straightener or curling iron to seal in the colour.
- Spray the desired section of hair (this works well on the ends so maybe about 1 inch of the ends) with water.
- Colour on a section of your hair with the colour you have chosen, you can mix colours, do one colour and then another underneath it – get creative and have fun, after all, it washes out! Repeat this process with as many bits of hair as you want and with as many colours as you want.
- Either air dry or blow dry your hair.
- Use the straightener or curling iron to go over each strand you have coloured. This will lock in the colour and prevent it from going all over your clothes.
- Style your hair like normal.
It will last until you wash your hair next =)
Below are some examples of hair chalking –
Tara-Lee is a proud Stay At Home Mummy to a gorgeous 2 1/2 year old girl, engaged to be engaged to a wonderful man and has a slight obsession with all things cupcakes.
She is very passionate about the beauty industry and is looking into starting a make up course in the next year or so, so she can hopefully start following the dream she has had for many years now.