Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Quick-Thinking 3 Year-Old Retrieves Choking Hazard from Toddler Sibling’s Mouth Like a Boss!

Quick-Thinking 3 Year-Old Retrieves Choking Hazard from Toddler Sibling’s Mouth Like a Boss!

You’ve only got to be around a toddler for a few minutes before you realise those rascally little humans are quick. You literally can’t take your eyes off them for a second lest they find mischief. Unfortunately, some of them also have a gross and potentially dangerous habit of putting random bits of whatever they can lay their hands on, into their mouth.

TikTok users were stunned to see 3 year old Silas leap into action when he realised his toddler brother had something in his mouth that he shouldn’t have. The incredible footage taken when single mum Grace was enjoying some hula hoop fun outside with her kids shows Silas happily dancing, when he spots (on the phone screen) that his brother has a foreign object in his mouth. The cheeky smile is instantly replaced by a serious expression as he registers the possibility that his baby brother could choke on it. Instead of alerting mum, Silas takes control of the situation like a boss, securing his brothers head whilst fishing out the object.


@gracewatkins5448 #brothers #bigbrothersaveslittlebrother #chokinghazard #handeledit #thisrighthere #fyp ♬ Family Ties (Brother Song) (Family Ties (Brother Song)) – Prough & Pat

Commenter were quick to praise the quick thinking 3 year old.

“The way he just turned into a adult real quick” one commenter wrote, “He went straight into protect mode. He didn’t freak out. He stayed in control, was calm and went for it.👏👏👏👏” said another.

In a follow up post to answer the question we all want to know, mum Grace reveals that it was a piece of plastic that had broken off one of the boys’ toys.

“We were having our little hula hoop sesh,” Grace explains. “We usually have little dance parties every day to get our blood flowing.” “I missed it, I missed it,..but Silas didn’t, thank god and he’s always been really attentive to his little brother. He was quick man. He’s an incredible child and he continues to just amaze me….He is astonishing.”

We couldn’t agree more. Thanks to this clever, sweet boy, a potentially life-threatening situation was averted. Well done little man!



Want to get top trending news, recipes, giveaways and the hottest deals delivered straight to your inbox once a week?

* Indicates required

Email Format:



Jolene enjoys writing, sharing and connecting with other like-minded women online – it also gives her the perfect excuse to ignore Mount-Washmore until it threatens to bury her family in an avalanche of Skylander T-shirts and Frozen Pyjama pants. (No one ever knows where the matching top is!) Likes: Reading, cooking, sketching, dancing (preferably with a Sav Blanc in one hand), social media, and sitting down on a toilet seat that one of her children hasn’t dripped, splashed or sprayed on. Dislikes: Writing pretentious crap about herself in online bio’s and refereeing arguments amongst her offspring.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.