VALENTINE’S DAY RECIPES
Following the Christmas chaos and New Year’s celebrations, Valentine’s Day has a habit of coming around faster than cupids arrow. Take inspiration from these Almond Breeze recipes and show your special someone just how sweet you can be.
Blueberry Muffins (servings: 12)
– 1 cup butter
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Breeze Original
– 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 1/2 cups blueberries
Combine softened butter and sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well & slowly stir in milk. Sift flour and add slowly, stirring/whisking to avoid lumps. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into a greased muffin tray or muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar & bake for 25-30 minutes.
Triple Berry Blast
– 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
– 1 cup halved strawberries
– 1 cup frozen, unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed
– 1 cup frozen, unsweetened blueberries,
– partially thawed
– 1 packet no-calorie sweetener (such as stevia), optional
Blend Almond Breeze with strawberries
and no-calorie sweetener (if using) until
smooth. Add raspberries and blueberries;
blend until smooth. Top with additional
berries, if desired.
Broccoli, Cherry Tomato and Ricotta Frittata (serving: 4)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
– Olive oil spray
– 1 bunch of broccoli chopped in bite size pieces
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
– 1/3 cup low-fat ricotta
– 200g grape tomatoes, halved
– 150g smoked salmon with chilli, flaked or one large can of chilli tuna.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray the insides of a round cake pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
2. Cook the broccoli and peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain.
3. Whisk together the almond milk, egg whites, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, peas, tomato, and salmon or tuna. Stir to combine. Season with pepper for taste.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Crumble over remaining ricotta. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Chocolate Caramel Latte
– 235ml coffee, strong
– 1 2/3 tbsp caramel sauce
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder
– 160ml Chocolate Almond Breeze® almond milk
– Non-dairy whipped topping, optional
Mix coffee, caramel and cocoa together. Froth the Chocolate Almond Breeze almond milk until foamy. Pour over coffee mixture. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with additional caramel.