Finally Spring has sprung, and for the kids and I that means escaping the four walls of the house, and instead of serving winter soup to warm our tummies, I am once again on the look out for tasty snacks that can be packed into a picnic basket and shared with friends.
Of all the flavour combinations, there is one that I am powerless to resist, and that the children are guaranteed to scoff down without so much of a murmur of complaint.
White chocolate and raspberry. (Admit it you just drooled a little didn’t you?)
And…what could be better than a playdate at the park with friends over a plate of lemonade scones, with raspberries and white chocolate?
• 3 cups Self raising flour
• 200ml DEVONDALE Cream
• 50ml DEVONDALE Full Cream Milk
• 1 cup Lemonade, cold and fizzy
• 200g Small white chocolate drops
• 1 cup Frozen raspberries, keep frozen until use
• 50ml Extra DEVONDALE Full Cream Milk, to glaze
• DEVONDALE Cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease baking tray or line with baking paper.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add DEVONDALE Cream, DEVONDALE Full Cream Milk and lemonade. Lightly mix the ingredients together until combined into a soft dough.
3. Stir through the white chocolate drops and finally, gently fold in frozen raspberries.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring the dough together . Use fingertips to gently pat the dough into a 2cm thick disc.
5. Use a 4cm-diameter round pastry cutter dipped in flour to cut out scones. Arrange scones on the tray so that they are touching. Gently brush the top of each scone with a little extra DEVONDALE Full Cream Milk to glaze.
6. Bake scones for 20 minutes or until golden brown and scones sound hollow when gently tapped. Turn scones out onto a wire rack.
Serve scones warm with whipped DEVONDALE cream.
You can find this recipe and more seasonal meal inspiration on the IGA website