Coordinating an outfit for Spring Racing Carnival can put a dent in your wallet. Once you purchase your tickets to the said event, you need to sort out an outfit which includes a dress, fascinator/hat, clutch, shoes and other accessories to suit your look. You may also decide to get your make-up and hair done if you’re attending a classy do.
It all adds up once you put the pieces together.
If you have the dollars to spend up on your outfit, then go all out, but if you’re a mum on a budget who can’t justify spending too much, here are some tips to ensure your spring racing outfit doesn’t cost you a fortune.
1. Shop in your wardrobe. What dresses do you have that could work for the racing event you’re attending? Do you have a little black dress or a floral floaty number that can be dressed up? Before you head to a shop, check that you don’t already have a dress that can be worn and reworked for the day.
2. Borrow from friends. Have a dress but don’t have a matching clutch? Ask friends if they can loan one to you.
3. Head to your local op shop for a vintage find. If you’re after some accessories that are unique or a hat that can be decorated, don’t snub your nose at second-hand. You might find a gem that will ensure you have a unique look that no one else can copy.
4. If you’re keen to spend some dollars on a new dress and accessories, head online to find amazing pieces that can work together. Esther boutique has some gorgeous dresses and fascinators in for under $100.
1. Remember you will be on your feet most of the day and walking on turf. Choose a block heel or wedge so you don’t sink into the lawn.
2. Don’t forget a cover-up or choose a dress with sleeves to keep those shoulders covered and out of the sun.
3. A clutch with a shoulder strap will help keep your hands free so you can eat, drink and hold your winning tickets.
4. Make sure your hair style will suit the fascinator/hat that you’ve chosen for the day.
5. Less is more when it comes to accessories.
Are you planning on attending a racing event this spring? Got any fashion tips for Spring Racing Season?
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links on this post. Should you choose to purchase an item, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.