At the end of a long day the last thing many of us feel like doing is slaving away in the kitchen to make a meal that inevitably someone in the family will complain about. Thankfully we are here to help with this 30 minute one pot family dinner that is quick and easy to make and best of all the entire family will love it.
- 300g of dried spiral pasta
- 400g of chicken breast
- 4 rashers of shortcut bacon
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- 400g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup ofBBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet Chill Sauce - Just add one tablespoon if you want to reduce the heat.
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese – plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- First, cut the capsicum and onion into small pieces.
- Pour some olive oil into a large saucepan and heat over a medium/high heat. Then it's time to add the onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- While it’s cooking, cut the chicken breast into medium sized pieces and cut the bacon rashers into small pieces. Add these to the saucepan and mix through before cooking for 3 -4 minutes or until the outside of the chicken begins to turn golden.
- Pour in the chicken stock, and add the diced tomatoes, BBQ Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, cream and dried pasta to the saucepan and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce to a medium/low heat and cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta has cooked through – make sure you give it a stir approximately half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the saucepan lid and add the mozzarella cheese and stir through. Cook for another 2 minutes uncovered before removing from the heat to serve.
What’s your favourite easy dinner?