4 Ingredient Beef Casserole Recipe
This 4 ingredient beef casserole completely blew us away with it’s simplicity and amount of flavour!
I was talking to my mum about this other fabulous sounding casserole I was planning to make this week. “It has a pinch of this and half a cup of that in it” I was saying, and obviously it was sounding all too complicated because my mum asked me if I had ever made her 4 ingredient beef casserole. Apparently she made it all the time when I was a child and I never realised.
So I agreed to give it a go. What did I have to lose? Surely 4 ingredients wouldn’t be that great. You need tomato paste and soy sauce and garlic and carrots and celery and olive oil and chilli flakes and chopped parsley at the end, right? You need to carefully brown the flour-coated meat in batches and stir through cornflour slurries at the end to thicken the sauce, right?
Ohh I could not have been more wrong.
You don’t need to do any of those things.
You throw it all in a pot, give it a good stir, and bung it in the oven for a couple of hours. Don’t add water, don’t add anything. It will be fine on it’s own, I promise. It will thicken once you’ve taken it out and it is pure heaven over mashed potatoes.
I’m so pleased I promised my mum I’d try it. And I promise you that it is well worth it too.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
500gm casserole steak, chopped into 2cm cubes
1 tin of cream of mushroom soup
2 beef oxos
1 large onion, halved and roughly chopped
Mashed potato and veggies to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Place all ingredients into a large, ovenproof casserole dish, stir and cover.
3. Cook for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
- 500gm casserole steak, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 tin of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 beef oxos
- 1 large onion, halved and roughly chopped
- Mashed potato and veggies to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place all ingredients into a large, ovenproof casserole dish, stir and cover.
- Cook for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.