Australia Day Jelly Belly Pavlova Recipe
Decorated with fruit-flavoured Jelly Belly jelly beans, this is leading confectionary company Jelly Belly’s special Aussie interpretation of a favoured classic!
Australia Day Jelly Belly Pavlova
Prep time – 30 minutes
Serves – 6
Cooking time – 35 minutes plus 30 minutes cooling time
You will need:
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
2 drops vanilla essence 300ml thickened cream, whipped Jelly Belly beans to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- With 2 electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until sift peaks form. Slowlybeat in sugar 1⁄4 cup at a time, until meringue is stiff and glossy. Sprinkle over cornflour,
vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a metal spoon.
- Trace an outline of a map of Australia (perfect for the kids to do!) on the prepared bakingtray. Don’t forget Tassie!
- Pile meringue into the centre of the map and gently push out to edges, keeping theAustralia shape. Repeat for Tassie. Top with any remaining meringue and pile as high as you
- Reduce heat to 150°C or 130°C fan forced, and cook for 30-35 minutes till slightly golden.Turn off oven and leave Pavlova to cool completely.
- Spread with whipped cream and decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans for the states and territories. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Jelly Belly’s used – Very Cherry, Green Apple, Lemon, Berry Blue, Blueberry, Cotton Candy and Tangerine!