Cheesy One-Pan Spaghetti Bolognaise
This wonderfully cheesy one-pan spaghetti bolognaise packs a massive flavour punch without dirtying more than one pot. I don’t know about you, but that sure works for me! The gooey melted cheese adds a delicious twist to a classic family favourite that is so easy to make and even easier to eat!
It is a quick week-day meal which will satisfy the whole family. Serve with fresh crusty bread or garlic bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 x 410g cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 250g dried spaghetti
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- Extra chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof casserole pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add bacon and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add mince to dish. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, chicken stock and thyme sprigs. Cover and bring to the boil. Break spaghetti in half and add to the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce has thickened, stirring mixture every 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and turn grill on High. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Add parsley, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Top with cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.