Chicken and Asparagus Green Salad Recipe
This super simple and tasty summer chicken and asparagus salad is a crowd pleaser. With just six salad ingredients plus a quick and easy dressing, you too can have this meal on your table in about 15 minutes!
First of all, here’s what you’ll need:
Two bunches of fresh asparagus, one barbecue chicken, one bag of baby spinach and rocket, and a punnet of cherry tomatoes. That’s the main part of the salad.
Then you’ll need some French salad dressing, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard and a clove of garlic. There’s your fresh homemade salad dressing.
Finally, you’ll need either some shaved parmesan or crumbled fetta cheese and a handful of toasted pine nuts to sprinkle on at the end.
This salad is such a fresh and tasty meal for the whole family, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. And so simple to throw together. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 bunches of asparagus, cut into 5m lengths
- 1 barbecue chicken, meat removed and chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120g packet baby rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp French salad dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g fetta, crumbled or parmesan, shaved
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts to serve
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, tomato, baby rocket and baby spinach to the asparagus in bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing, lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a jug. Add dressing to salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately sprinkled with cheese and pine nuts.