Easy Homemade Meatlover’s Pizzas
We haven’t bought takeaway pizzas since discovering the best pizza base recipe going around. It’s a cinch to make, doesn’t take very long, and the results are a crisp, thin to medium base that is perfect every time. This recipe makes enough dough for three full size pizza bases.
Once you have the base down pat, you can put anything you want on top, but our favourite is always Meatlover’s. Everyone just adores it, so we make it often.
I gathered together the usual suspects – bacon, thinly sliced cabanossi, a chorizo sausage from the deli, and about 150 grams of beef mince. Plus cheese, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced onion.
My husband loves making the pizza dough and he’s good at it, so I leave that to him while I prep the toppings. I pan fry the mince until browned and thinly slice the chorizo and fry that too.
You could also add chopped cooked chicken, pepperoni slices, salami, ham — whatever you and your family like. You could bulk up the veggies too if you prefer, adding mushrooms, olives and sliced capsicum.
Once the bases are made and your toppings are in place, pop your pizzas in the oven for just 15 minutes, and they are done. Easy Peasy!
- 375ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons (7g) dried yeast
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 3 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced and pan fried
- 1 stick of cabanossi, thinly sliced
- 150g mince, browned in frying pan
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Spray a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C fan forced. Divide pizza dough into thirds and spread out onto pizza trays. Add topping ingredients and bake for 15 minutes until cooked and golden. Serve immediately.