Lemon Herb & Garlic Grilled Chicken Recipe
Here’s another meal that you can either make from scratch or pick up a pre-marinated packet ready to go. No judgements here, just do whatever you please – either way yields the yummiest lemon herb and garlic grilled chicken ever!
These sort of meals are a favourite in our house. Serve it up with a big platter of oven fries and a big plate of salad and everyone digs in. I actually find that the children end up eating more salad if they are given the opportunity to serve themselves! Someone should commission a scientific study on that phenomenon. It sure beats the hell outta me! Enjoy!
- 1 packet of Coles Lemon Herb & Garlic Boneless Chicken
- 600gms chicken thigh fillets
- 2 lemons, halved
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet of oven fries
- Salad ingredients – mixed lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, avocado, cucumber slices, corn kernels etc
- 1. If making the marinade yourself, juice the lemons and cut each lemon half in half again. Place the juice, lemon pieces and oil into a large screw-top jar. Add thyme, rosemary, garlic and pepper to taste. Shake to combine. Pour over chicken pieces and allow to marinade for at least one hour or up to four hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven and cook oven fries as per packet directions
- 3. Heat the barbecue, char-grill or frying pan to medium high and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with chips and salad.
Find the lemon herb and garlic boneless chicken in the meat section at Coles for around $8-$9 per pack.