Spoil Mum With One of These Delicious Rhubarb Gin Cocktails This Mother’s Day
On second thoughts, why wait for Mother’s Day? Any day is the perfect day to spoil your mum, or yourself, with one of these tasty rhubarb gin cocktails! ENJOY!!!
Warner’s Rhubarb Eton Mess Recipe
- 50ml Warner’s Rhubarb Gin ($79.99 exclusively via Dan Murphy’s)
- 5 strawberries (cut into quarters)
- 2 meringue shells (smashed into little chunks)
- 2 generous scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- 1 mint sprig
- Long spoon
- Pour 50ml of Rhubarb Gin into the bottom of your jar/glass and chuck in the cut strawberries to soak, ideally for 6-12 hours
- Then add your crushed meringues on top and press down lightly
- To top, add two generous scoops of vanilla ice cream (slightly melted is best) and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
Warner’s Rhubarb Sour
- 50ml Warner’s Rhubarb Gin
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 20ml Sugar syrup
- Dash angostura bitters
- 1 Egg white (optional)
- Shake all ingredients together with ice for 10 seconds.
- Double strain into the other half of the shaker and empty the ice.
- Dry shake for another 10 seconds and pour into a Coupette, garnish with 1 fresh raspberry.
For more delicious gin recipes, including desserts, visit Warner Gin Distillery’s Recipe pages here!
In 2014, the UK-based Warner’s Distillery brand launched their rhubarb gin, which according to founder Tom Warner ‘was the first rhubarb gin in the world, and the first gin that is pink by volume.” However, it has only recently launched in Australia, and has been receiving rave reviews from craft gin lovers ever since. Available from Dan Murphy’s stores around the country, exclusively.