The moment your baby starts to crawl and climb, is the time to put away those home décor pieces you’d hate to see smashed or broken. Of course, it’s also important to teach our kids not to touch special items in the house and in other people’s homes too. But, if you have a heirloom vase that has been passed down the generations, you may choose to put it away out of reach to ensure it can indeed be passed down to the next generation.
Once your home is cleared of valuable décor pieces, it can look a bit bare. But just because you have young kids, doesn’t mean you can’t decorate your home stylishly. We’ve sourced 8 kid friendly homeware décor pieces that will modernize your home without breaking the bank. Not all homewares are safe for kids, but we do know if they go to reach these items, the chances of them breaking are much less than more fragile décor pieces.
1. Wood is always a great idea when it comes to homewares around kids. It’s durable and won’t smash when dropped. These vases from Anrol Designs would be great displayed on a shelf or buffet.
2. An acrylic or plastic tray is a great way to keep books or mini kids figurines stylishly in place on the coffee table. This clear acrylic tray by Pulp is perfect for a family living room.
3. A wooden wall hanging can add fun and a whimsical touch to your interiors. This hanging can be transferred around the home.
4. Glass vases may not be a great idea around little hands, but these tear drop wall hung vases are perfect if you want to have flowers around the home.
5. Wire baskets are an easy and affordable way to store kids stuffed animal toys or throw rugs. This wire house from Typo can be styled on a buffet or TV cabinet and is safe for little kids hands.
6. A trinket box is an easy piece to coordinate with other décor items. It works well to contrast with taller pieces. This geometric trinket box from Kmart is a steal for $5.00
7. If you’re after something a little different and out of the ordinary, these Twiggagerie Cubes look fabulous on their own or stacked together. They were recently featured on Reno Rumble.
8. Last but not least, this soap dish can be displayed as a small piece amongst a collection if pieces. It’s acrylic base make it a great item to have on display around kids.
How do you decorate your home now that you have children? Where do you mainly go to buy homewares?
If you enjoyed this post you may like to read Shared Kids Bedroom Ideas.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links on this post. Should you purchase an item on this post, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.