Selling Your Home? Tips on How to Find the Right Real Estate Agent
Selling your home is a big decision. Your home is likely to be the biggest financial investment you’ve ever made, and you’ll want to be sure that you enlist the help of a competent agent to ensure you get the best possible price!
But, with so many real estate agents to choose from, knowing where to start can often feel overwhelming. But that needn’t be the case -if you do your homework, finding the right real estate agent can be easier than you think.
Follow these tips to help you on your way to finding the right agent for you:
- Research real estate agents on sites such as RateMyAgent to ensure you find the best agent for the job! RateMyAgent is Australia’s no. 1 real estate agent rankings andreviews website and allows users to see the most recommended agents per suburb/region, the most number of sales, the highest average sale price, and the number of active listings. The site is amassing over 2,500 reviews every week from genuine vendors who review their experience with estate agents across Australia. All vendors reviews are linked to actual property sale details (address, sale details, date, sale method, image, floor plan, etc) so users can see agents that are selling homes similar to their own.
- Narrow down your search to between 1 and 3 agents and then make a date to see them in action. You can do this by visiting an open house inspection that they are co-ordinating. This is the perfect opportunity for you to see exactly how they approach and follow up with potential buyers. Do they have a style that you are comfortable with?
- How does the agent you are considering advertise? Signboards, window displays, brochures, digitally? Be sure that the agent offers the type and the quality of advertising that you expect. Look at how they present other properties and the quality of the photographs, descriptions etc.
- Does the agent have an impressive market knowledge of your area and surrounding areas? A good real estate agent will know about schools, transport, and demographics of certain areas, as well as a sound knowledge of properties that have sold (or are for sale) in your area, as these may pose as competition to your property.
- When choosing a real estate agent it is important to find out what they charge. It isn’t a great idea to choose an agent based solely on their commission rate. Rather, it is important to find out exactly what is included in the fees that they charge, and ensure that you are getting good value for money.
It is worth taking the time to review your options before enlisting an agent to sell your property. Carefully consider what is most important to you and meet with a number of agents before making your final decision.
Selling a home is a stressful time so be sure to plan ahead so you can make the sale process as pain free as possible!
Visit ratemyagent.com.au or connect on Facebook
This posts is sponsored by RateMyAgent.