Faced with a cold wet weekend indoors with the kids I decided yesterday that some biscuit baking (followed by some biscuit scoffing) might be a nice way to while away some time with the children.
“But you are not the cakey-bakey-biscuit-makey kind of mum,” I hear you cry, and of course, under normal circumstances you would be quite right. But since Anzac day when the children and I managed to whip up our very first batch of Anzac biscuits, I must admit, I have renewed my faith in my biscuit-baking prowess.
So I bailed up one of my cakey-bakey –biscuit-makey mum friends for a easy-peasy recipe that even I would have difficulty stuffing up.
She gave me her ‘Scrumptious Soft and Chewy Choc-Chip’ recipe, and it was so perfect I just have to share.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in brown sugar & caster sugar until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and gradually mix into the sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool, then scoff your face!