Woman Nearly Dies From Wedgie Caused By Her Short Shorts
A woman’s TikTok video has gone viral after she admitted to ending up in ICU from wearing too short shorts. The 25 year old says after wearing them all day the wedgie created by her shorts and underwear caused her to spend four days in hospital with cellulitis and sepsis.
“The timeline goes like this: I went on a full day-date with this guy I was newly dating, and realized I was wearing very uncomfortable clothes,” Sam says. “I chose to ignore it and just enjoy my time. The next day, I felt very sore and then started feeling ill — just not 100%. That night, I noticed that I had a large bump where the chafing had occurred, and as time went on, it started becoming more painful. The pain was isolated to one spot and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain.”
“The very next morning, I was in septic shock and rushed to the ER by my mom. I was shivering, very breathless, could not walk and had extreme body aches. They admitted me to the ICU, and that’s when I realized this was a bit more serious that I had anticipated. I was in the ICU for almost four days, where the doctors were debating debridement surgery (basically, cutting off the part of my butt that was infected).”
@imtoooldtobeonthis#greenscreen moral of the story: tight shorts are OUT! #CurameChoreo #fypシ #storytime #ShowYourGlow #fyp #PepsiApplePieChallenge♬ original sound – Sarah Cothran
“Most people were shocked that this could happen, BUT I was extremely surprised at the amount of people saying the same thing happened to them too! I’m happy I made the TikTok, and although it’s extremely scary to have one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me on the internet, it reminds people that we’re all human and experience weird stuff, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of.”
Sam says she hopes her story will be a warning for others. “It’s important to know the signs of sepsis. Always listen to your body and your gut. If something is wrong, do something quick. If I hadn’t gone to the hospital when I did, I could’ve easily died. Also, wear what makes you feel comfortable.”
@imtoooldtobeonthisReply to @alyssakathryn1 ##greenscreen THE SHORTS. Pls don’t judge me for how I dressed in 2017 hahahah
Perhaps a skirt would have been a better option for a first date, hey? Jokes aside, we’re glad Sam is okay and used her experience to spread the word and warn others of the dangers short shorts can pose.
Images: Pixabay & TikTok