Can you imagine cooking a toasted sandwich like this one in your microwave?
No – me neither!
I’m guessing it wouldn’t look anything like this if you did – and it would be more like a soggy-slimy-pasty-white-mess, than a golden-toasted colour, right?
What if I told you that this toasted sandwich really was prepared in a microwave? Surprised? Intrigued?
The new Breville Quick Touch Crisp microwave is an easy to use kitchen appliance that you can use to cook, defrost, brown, dehydrate, and crisp – all in minutes!
The secret to achieving crispy results in a microwave is using a pan that can get really hot (just like a baking dish in an oven.) The Breville Crisper Pan is a specially designed, microwave-safe, metal pan with adjustable legs that allows the food to get close to the grill when needed so food forms a golden top and a crispy bottom. No more soggy pies and pizzas!
What’s more, the Breville Quick Touch crisp features easy to use smart settings – it knows the right power level and time to suit what you’re cooking and switches to grill when it’s needed!
Last month chef and Make It Fake It Bake It food vlogger, Jess, was invited to Sydney as one of just 10 special guests – to see the new Breville Quick Touch Crisp in action. You can read her full review of the event and the microwave here. It’s worth clicking through just to check out the amazing three-course menu she enjoyed – all cooked in the Quick Touch Crisp. Totally drool-worthy crispy sweet soy chicken drummettes! But here’s some comments from Jess and other Food Bloggers that attended the Breville Quick Touch Microwave Food Blogger launch event.
Since the event, Jess has had a blast in her own kitchen, experimenting with the microwave herself, and putting it through it’s paces.
Here’s just one of the culinary delights she has whipped up using the Breville Quick Touch Crisp.
Crispy Skin Salmon Niscoise Recipe
200g skin on fillet of Atlantic salmon
100g green beans trimmed
1 hard boiled egg
1 large washed potato
6 cherry tomatoes halved
8 pitted kalamata olives
Red wine vinegar
- Prick the potato 4 or 5 times and place on the edge of the crisper tray in the low position and put in the microwave. Select cook / grill, select potato WHOLE. Quantity 1 and press start. Halfway through the cooking process you’ll hear a beep to turn it over. Do so and press start again. Let the potato rest and meanwhile make the aioli. (Directions below).
- Put the green beans in a microwave safe container with a tablespoon of water and cover with cling wrap. Put in the microwave and select COOK / GRILL, select veg, fresh , 100g and press start. Once removed, run under cold water.
- Place the beans, olives, tomatoes and chives in a small bowl and add a tiny splash of red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper and toss together.
- Chop your egg and potato (ok if still warm) into large cubes and mix with 1-2 Tablespoons of the aioli.
- Oil and salt your salmon fillet.
- Put the crisper pan in on its high position. Select COOK / GRILL, meat, preheat pan yes, and start.
- When it beeps, add salmon skin down , select 150g for the amount (as we want it a little underdone in the middle) and start. Turn the salmon when it beeps half way through. And press start again.
- Put your bean mix down, topped with the potato/egg mix and top with your salmon. Garnish with fresh lemon and parsley .
1 anchovy fillet chopped
150ml lemon juice
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
1 Tblsp white vinegar
Pinch of salt
Pinch of white pepper
250 ml vegetable oil
- Whisk everything together apart from the oil till combined, then slowly drizzle in oil till thick and creamy. (Can be done in a food processor if you don’t want an arm workout!)
Fancy giving this recipe a try yourself at home?
We have one Breville Quick Touch Microwave to giveaway valued at $449!!!
To enter, simply complete the entry form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Breville Quick Touch Crisp Microwave has only been available since August 1st and can be purchased from the following retailers: The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, Myer, David Jones, JB Hifi
For more information about this kitchen appliance, or others in the Breville Quick Touch range you can visit the Breville website here.