Peanut Chicken Curry Recipe
Recipe by Susie Burrell
- 600g skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- ½ cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup green beans
- In a snap lock bag mix together the turmeric, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, chilli flakes and sugar. Add the chicken pieces and shake well to evenly coat in the spices.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish over medium heat. Add the celery and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the carrots, peanut butter and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 5-6 minutes, until the carrots begin to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and bring back to the boil; reduce the heat to simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Add the green beans and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with 1/2 cup quinoa or rice if desired.