Win an ASUS EeeBook X205 for Back to School
If you have kids at school, you might’ve noticed that there’s now an extra item on the ‘back to school’ lists: a computer. Many schools now implement a BYOD technology policy – a necessity which can add a fairly hefty load on top of the stationary list.
So what makes a good laptop for school?
We’ve compiled a list of features to check off when you’re at the checkout…
- Check with the school for their minimum and recommended configurations and decide what is essential. No point paying for a supercharged graphics card if it’s not needed!
- Consider other features – battery life, weight and thickness. Especially if your child needs to carry the computer to and from school.
- Kids will be kids. Consider investing in protective carry cases, or accidental damage warranties.
- Shop around – the smaller computer stores may have good deals.
- Go with a brand name, if possible and check service availability/turnaround and warranty terms.
- If shopping in-store, don’t be afraid to ask for a discount. It never hurts to ask. At the least, you may be able to negotiate accessories or software into the asking price.
- Software can be very expensive – check if there are any machines that come bundled with education software, such as Microsoft Office Home & Student.
ASUS has a just launched a perfect back-to-school laptop in the Eeebook X205. This 11.6 inch notebook is one of the lightest on the market, weighing less than 1kg. The Intel quad-core processor means your child can easily transition from one task to the next. With up to 12 hours of battery life there’s no need to plug in and charge up during class. Stylish and unique the Eeebook comes in a choice of black and white, plus a full one year’s subscription to Microsoft Office 360. Best of all, the Eeebook X205 is a steal at only RRP$329.
We have an EeeBook X205 for one lucky reader to win – simply tell us in 25 words or less why your child needs one of these to take to school.
a Rafflecopter giveaway