Apple Monsters Recipe
Halloween is going to look a little different this year but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the spooky festivities at home. This apple monsters recipe is super fun for little ones to have a go at making and it isn’t overloaded with sugars typically found in normal Halloween candy. And, using peanut butter as the main ingredient also means kids will receive a slower release of energy from the treats, instead of an impending sugar high!
Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6
Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegetarian
- 1 green apple
- Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 6 cashew nuts
- Candy eyes (for decoration)
- Slice apple into 12 wedges (6 pairs), and split cashew nuts in half, lengthways.
- Spread Mayver’s peanut butter on bottom wedges of each pair and arrange split cashew nuts on top to look like fangs. Spread peanut butter on top wedge and place onto bottom wedge to look like a mouth.
- Use a very small amount of peanut butter to stick candy eyes onto top wedge.
This recipe was provided by @nataliemewing