Chicken and Lime Quesadillas Recipe
I absolutely LOVE this dish. It is incredibly fast to make (pick up a cooked chicken on your way home and this will be on the table in 15 minutes). Or you can take a couple of chicken breasts and poach, grill or bake them. If you have a sandwich press it takes it to an even easier level (I don’t have one but it literally takes just 2 minutes in a fry pan). Really simple, fresh ingredients but all combined it is absolutely delicious – crispy tortillas on the outside for crunch, melted oozy cheese on the inside with a hint of chilli, onion and lime for zest and I guarantee everyone in the family will love these. You can easily set aside some chicken without the chilli for little mouths. Dunk each bite into some sour cream and this tastes as good as a naughty take-away but is actually pretty healthy!
When it’s crispy and golden on the other side, slide onto a plate and serve with lime wedges and sour cream.
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cooked and thinly sliced (or buy that cooked chook)
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (or coriander)
- 1 large mild red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- vegetable oil to spray or brush
- lime wedges and sour cream for serving
- Pre heat a frypan to medium.
- Combine the chicken, lime juice, parsley, chilli, green onions, cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Spray the fry pan with vegetable oil, lay one tortilla in the pan and spread a layer of chicken mixture on top.
- Top with another tortilla and spray with oil.
- Lightly press down with a spatula and occasionally lift the edges to see if it is slightly golden and crisp before carefully flipping it over (I used a small fry pan and put a saucer on top; flipped the pan over so the tortilla was on the saucer and slid it back in the fry pan to cook the other side).
- When it’s crispy and golden on the other side, slide onto a plate and serve with lime wedges and sour cream.