Everyone has a preference when it comes to how they prefer their cookies, some people prefer a soft chewy center, a thin crispy cookie or that elusive and magical combination of the two! No matter what your preference is, you won’t be able to resist these Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies. With a subtle peanut taste and delicious chunks of milk chocolate scattered throughout, just try and stop yourself from eating more than one!
- 125 of butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 200g of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well between each addition.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Add the sifted ingredients and the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving approximately a 2cm gap between each cookie.
- Flatten each cookie slightly and place in the oven to bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for five minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
Do you know someone who would love these Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies?