Fancy Chicken Curry
Recipe from Symply Too Good to Be True Book 7
- 1 cup carrots diced
- ¾ cup celery diced
- ¾ cup red capsicum diced
- 1 cup leeks cut in half and sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup frozen peas
- cooking spray
- 600g raw skinless chicken breast small diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- ¼ teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
- 1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 2 sachets Cream of Chicken Cup-a-Soup (Continental®)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven 200ºC fan forced.
- Step 1: Microwave carrots, celery, capsicum, leeks, corn and peas in a little water for 7-8 minutes or until cooked.
- Step 2: In a large frypan that has been coated with cooking spray, sauté chicken and garlic until cooked.
- Step 3: Roughly chop fennel seeds then mix all spices together. Add to chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 4: Add drained vegetables and stir into chicken. Combine both kinds of milk with dry soup mix and cornflour then add to pan, stirring continuously until sauce boils. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Step 5: Cut one sheet of filo in half then coat with cooking spray. Scrunch up each half and place on top of curry mix. Repeat this process with remaining 5 sheets, giving you 12 scrunches on top. Spray filo again then bake for 15-20 minutes or until filo has browned. Allow 2 scrunches per serve. SCAN QR CODE to watch Annette demonstrate this.
Variations: Replace chicken with 600g of boneless fish fillets or firm tofu.
Suitable to be frozen.
This is a quick nutritious meal that is high in protein and contains calcium due to the milk in the recipe. This is a great choice for people with diabetes or heart disease.
|Find out more from Annette Sym about delicious low fat family recipes, and healthy living and weightloss at www.symplyliving.com.au