KEEN’S Curried Sausages Recipe
Keen’s Traditional Curry flavour in a creamy sauce with sausages, onion and peas, is a classic recipe. A great comfort budget meal that the whole family will love!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
No. of serves: 4
- 500g (8) Thin Beef sausages
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 1 x 40g sachet Keen’s Curried Sausages Recipe Base
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp cream
- Place the sausages into a saucepan of boiling water and
simmer for 5 minutes. Let sausages cool, de-skin and slice into 5cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry onion for 3 minutes. Add in the Keen’s Curried Sausages Recipe Base and fry for a further 2 minutes. Pour in 1 cup (250ml water) and add the sausages to the pan.
- Bring to the boil stirring and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peas and cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or mashed potato.
Keen As Prize Pack
Some recipes just aren’t the same without that special ingredient – when it comes to classics like Curried Sausages, it just has to be KEEN’s.
Used by Mums, Grandmas and Great-Grandmas across Australia, KEEN’s Curry Powder has been a faithful kitchen companion for generations (go on, check the pantry!) to add that special something to mealtime.
And now KEEN’s has just launched an all-NEW range of recipe mixes, making it even easier to create those classic Keen’s family dishes. Simply add a few fresh ingredients to quickly and easily serve up:
- Curried Sausages
- Chow Mein
- Satay Beef
- Creamy Chicken Curry
- Singapore Noodles
Available at Woolworths and IGA stores nationally.
To celebrate the launch of Keen’s NEW range of recipe mixes, Keen’s are giving you the chance to win this amazing kitchen prize pack valued at over $1,000.
The prize pack includes:
- $250 supermarket voucher
- GreenPan Kyoto 28cm Saute Pan with Lid (RRP $169) and GreenPan Kyoto 18cm Saucepan with Lid (RRP $99.95) Featuring GreenPan’s patented 100% PFOA free non-stick non-toxic coating Thermolon™ Marathon, this sauté pan and saucepan are equipped with a black aluminium body for even heat distribution and both are suitable for all cook top types including induction.
- GreenPan Cast Iron Grill (RRP$400) This eco-friendly nonstick pan is great for grilling everything from meats, poultry and fish to fresh vegetables. It has a cast iron grill base, stainless steel rack and domed lid. Heavy-gauge cast-iron efficiently conducts and retains high heat for perfect searing. It is completely free of PTFE and PFOA, the natural, mineral-based Thermolon nonstick coating ensures effortless release and easy cleanup.
- 60 packets of the NEW Keen’s recipe bases (RRP $101.40), which includes Keen’s Curried Sausages recipe base, Keen’s Chow Mein recipe base, Keen’s Singapore Noodles recipe base, Keen’s Creamy Chicken Curry recipe base and Keen’s Satay Beef recipe base.
To enter simply follow the instructions on the entry form below.
There will be a new video recipe each week – and a new chance to enter!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Keen’s.