Sweet Chilli & Lemon Crumbed Fish Burgers
I never thought I could get such a tasty and wholesome meal on the table with as little fuss as I could making this dinner for my family. Lemon crumbed fish burgers with tartare and sweet chilli sauce on crusty bread rolls with lettuce and avocado is sheer simple perfection.
And you can have it on your table in as long as it takes to oven bake some frozen crumbed fish fillets. Too easy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Fresh, crusty bread rolls (hot dog shaped), one packet of lemon crumbed frozen fish fillets, some lettuce, an avocado, tartare sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Oven bake the fish fillets as per the packet directions. Split the bread rolls lengthways and arrange the lettuce and avocado inside. Then when the fish is cooked, place the fillets on the buns and top with some tartare sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
You could bulk the meal up a bit with a side salad or some oven fries, or just enjoy the burgers by themselves. The kids loved them, with or without the sweet chilli sauce. And our son immediately ripped the salad off his bun and added tomato sauce instead. Said it was the best thing ever.
It’s amazing that something so simple could be so good. Perfect for a summery meal in a hurry.
- 4 - 6 frozen crumbed lemon-flavoured fish fillets
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 - 6 long white rolls, split
- 1/4 cup tartare sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to packet directions. Place fish on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or to packet directions, turning halfway during cooking, or until golden and cooked through.
- Divide lettuce and avocado between roll bases. Top with fish, tartare and sweet chilli sauces. Enjoy!