Double Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Thermomix
There are so many lovely recipes out there for chocolate chip cookies, but this one is definitely my ‘go-to’. In fact I make them so often that I don’t even have to look it up anymore. It’s so simple, it always works and the kids LOVE them. I also always have the ingredients in my cupboard (as they’re pretty basic), so they’re a no-brainer to whip up whenever you need them.
- 150g butter
- 180g raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 300g plain flour
- 100g white choc chips
- 100g milk choc chips
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees.
- Place the sugar in the thermomix bowl and whizz it on speed 9 for 5 seconds to create caster sugar.
- Add the butter and vanilla and mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg and mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
- Add the flour and mix on speed 4 for a minute until you have a cookie dough consistency.
- Add the choc chips and mix on reverse speed 3-4 for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Line two trays with baking paper and roll the dough into little balls roughly the size of a 50 cents piece. Make sure you leave a few cm spaces between them.
- Lay another piece of baking paper over the top of them and flatten each ball with the heal of your hand.
- Remove the top sheet of paper and pop them in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light to golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 10- 15 minutes to bake, so you could even make them for lunchbox snacks whilst the kids are having breakfast in the morning.
Robyn from www.mrsdplus3.com is a thirty something, British, stay-at home-mum of three, living on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches. I’m also married to my best friend (who helps reduce the chaos). I’m a fairly new lover of cooking & couldn’t live without my Thermomix. I’m not the hugest fan of craft (or mess for that matter) but we give it a go occasionally. I never leave the house without my camera and am always striving to get that perfect shot! Stick around for some honest & amusing stories about motherhood, Thermomixing, photography, surviving the school run, camping with kids and just about everything in-between.
More delicious recipes at Mums Lounge: