Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Toddler Dies After Head Lice Treatment

A tragic story from the United States has emerged this morning after a 18 month old toddler died in their bed after undergoing a homemade head lice remedy.

After discovering their little girl had head lice, her parents used a ‘traditional remedy’ of applying mayonnaise to her scalp and covering the top of her head with a plastic bag before placing her into bed.  It is suspected the plastic bag then moved whilst the little girl slept, covering her face and suffocating her in her sleep.

Emergency personnel were called to the toddlers home approximately 145km outside of Boston in Massachusetts at around 3pm on Saturday afternoon, where they discovered an adult on the scene administering CPR to the young girl. However after examination it was determined the little girl had passed away some time before.

Authorities are investigating this tragic incident, and no charges have been filed as yet.

Our thoughts are with this little girl and her family.

Image Credit

For more information on head lice and treatment options, please visit here.

Lauren Matheson

Lauren Matheson

Lauren founded her website Create Bake Make as a way to justify the ridiculous amount of baking she loves to do. She has a super sweet tooth and enjoying a slice of cake (or two) is one of her guilty indulgences. As a Mum of two little boys, when she isn't creating fun activities for the kids or breaking up arguments over toy trucks and cars, you will find her in the kitchen baking up a storm - or hiding in the pantry with the latest cooking magazine and a hot cup of coffee!

One comment

  1. I think its very obvious other issues were at play here. No aware parent put their child to bed with a plastic bag on their head. No aware parent calls the authorities at 3pm the next day. There are a lot more issues at play here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.