Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi Bake
How much do we love those meals that mainly rely on pantry staples and can be ready real fast? These sorts of recipes are lifesavers when you need something on the table within half an hour with little fuss. Bacon and sun-dried tomato gnocchi bake is one of those recipes!
Here’s an idea of what you will need to make this meal — I added a few little herbs and spices and things to this lot as well.
Two packets of pantry-fresh gnocchi, two tins of tomatoes, cream, grated mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bacon and a shallot. I also added salt and pepper, Italian herbs and crushed chilli flakes for a flavour boost.
Cook the gnocchi as per packet directions in a large pot of boiling salted water. Meanwhile, fry the bacon and garlic until golden, then add the tins of tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, cream, herbs and spices, then stir and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Then it’s just a matter of combining the cooked gnocchi with the tomato and bacon sauce in a large casserole dish…
- 2 x 500g packets pantry-fresh gnocchi
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 x 400g tins of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 200mls cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed chilli flakes to taste
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cook gnocchi as per packet direction in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Fry bacon and garlic in a frying pan until golden and cooked through, then add the diced tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, herbs and spices and cream and stir well to combine. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Combine gnocchi with bacon and sun-dried tomato sauce in a large casserole dish and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve immediately with sliced green onions.