Classic Jam Drops Recipe
Although it’s exciting to create recipes that are full of fancy ingredients and boggle the mind, sometimes the classic recipes can give you the same satisfaction. This Classic Jam Drops recipes does just that. It’s a little bit different thanks to the addition of custard powder to the dough which results in a deliciously smooth and buttery biscuit.
You can use any type of jam you like but I think you would be hard pressed to beat this raspberry jam centre.
- 80g of butter – softened
- ⅓ cup of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- ⅓ cup of custard powder
- ⅓ cup of raspberry jam
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the softened butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat together on a high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence and continue to beat on a medium speed until combined.
- Add the sifted flour and custard powder to the bowl and on a low speed, mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place them onto the baking trays.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to make an indent in the centre of the dough balls and fill each hole with a little raspberry jam.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the trays from the oven and allow the Jam Drops to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely