If you are looking for a recipe which is guaranteed to be popular with everyone at your next party, you can’t go wrong with this Cheesy Cobb Loaf. Inside the crisp Cobb Loaf is a deliciously creamy and cheesy dip which is made just that little bit extra special thanks to the addition of bacon and spring onions.
This Cobb Loaf Dip is so easy to make and you can certainly have some fun adding your favourite ingredients to the mixture – why not try some roasted capsicum or even some pineapple pieces and ham for a Hawaiian twist!
The best part about this recipe is that the whole thing can be enjoyed by your guests – dip bowl and all!
- 275g pack of Cream Cheese - softened
- ⅔ cup of thickened cream
- ⅔ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese - grated
- 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese - grated
- 2 spring onions
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cobb Loaf
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the 'lid'. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
- Slice the bacon and spring onions into small pieces and place them into a frying pan and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until the bacon has turned a golden brown colour. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream and cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and on a medium speed, beat until combined.
- Add the grated cheeses as well as the cooked bacon and spring onions and a little salt and pepper to the bowl and stir through until combined.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed out Cobb Loaf before place the lid back on and cover the top with foil before placing onto the covered baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces to the tray. Bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until the bread pieces turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made a cobb loaf dip before?
What’s your favourite recipe?