I’ve loved Ice Magic for as long as I can remember. There’s nothing better than that crunchy chocolate on top of a big bowl of ice cream! And don’t even get me started on how much I love a good old choc-top at the movies (trust me, I love them a LOT!).
But when I bought my Thermomix, I knew it was time to start making my own Ice Magic. I think that’s one of the best things about the Thermomix – you can save so much money by making everything from scratch. Oh and in this case, I think I probably saved a lot of time too because it would have taken me way longer to make a trip the the supermarket to buy some Ice Magic!
And anyway, this version is so much healthier than the store bought variety- it also has way less ingredients which is always a good thing! My classic chocolate Thermomix Ice Magic recipe is made from coconut oil, cacao powder and agave syrup – that’s it! Surely you can’t improve on perfection, right!? Well, I’m here to tell you that you can! The only thing better than the classic chocolate version is my choc-mint Ice Magic! Yep you heard right! As much as I love chocolate, choc-mint will always win hands-down in my books. And so, I decided to have a little play around and make a choc-mint version of my ice magic…. total yumminess!
To add a little minty hit to your chocolate ice magic, all you need to do is add a drop or two of peppermint essence! Yes it really is that simple! Have a little taste and add more essence if you’re after a really mega choc-mint hit (I find that two drops is perfect for me!).
If you’re after a totally decadent dessert then sprinkle a crushed up peppermint crisp bar over your ice cream and ice magic… Seriously amazing!!
Thermomix Mint-Choc Ice Magic Recipe
Thermomix Recipe: Thermomix Choc-Mint Ice Magic
- 100g coconut oil
- 60g cacao powder (you can also use cocoa powder)
- 50g agave syrup (you can also use maple syrup)
- 2 drops peppermint essence (more or less depending on your taste preferences)
- 1. Place the coconut oil, cacao powder, agave syrup and peppermint essence into the Thermomix bowl.
- 2. Melt ingredients on 37 degrees, Speed 1 for 2 minutes or until completely melted.
- 3. Pour the ice magic over ice cream to serve.
- 4. Store any remaining ice magic at room temperature in an airtight container.
Previous Article Cookies and Cream Cupcakes Recipe