SALMON & PEA RISOTTO
Time: 20 Minutes, Serves 4
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Brown Onion
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 2 cups Aborio Rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 415g Can Pink Salmon (including the juices)
- 2L Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Peas
- ½ bunch mint, leaves only
- In a large frypan, heat the oil to medium. Heat chicken stock in a medium saucepan to medium heat.
- Dice onion and celery, gently fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice to frypan, stirring to combine with onion and celery. Allow to cook gently 2 minutes, then add white wine and cook further 2 minutes.
- Separate the salmon from the juices, add the juice to the frypan and any large bones to the stock. In a small bowl, break up the remaining salmon with hands to incorporate the small bones and skin (all edible)
- Shake the risotto, if it wobbles keep cooking. If it doesn’t wobble, add 2 ladles of stock. Repeat every 2 minutes for 12 minutes. Test rice to see it is almost cooked.
- Add peas, half the salmon and chopped mint to the risotto. Combine with a little extra stock, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with remaining salmon and a little extra fresh mint.
TIP : Skin and bones in the salmon are all edible. Although they may not look great in the can, they disintegrate into cooking and are a great source of Omega 3.
Amy McEntee is a mum of two and the author of Sydney based food blog, Eat Raise Love. A lover of all things food (& wine!), Amy is often found cooking for playdates and gifting meals to others. Amy cooks from the heart and shares her easy, healthy recipes and meal ideas for busy families.