Time : 12 minutes, Serves 4
- 200g thin spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 4 long rashes bacon, rind removed
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Using a large lidded saucepan, ¾ fill with water + a large pinch of salt. Fasten lid and boil on high heat.
- Heat a medium sized frypan to medium heat. Thinly slice the bacon, add to the frypan to gently fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta to packet directions in the boiling water.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the 4 eggs, combine with pepper and grated cheese.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain into a large bowl with a cup of the cooking water. Combine with the bacon, eggs and cheese. Mix well with tongs. The egg and cheese combined with the warm pasta create a silky creamy sauce.
TIP : Eggs may scramble in the sauce if the pasta is returned to the hot saucepan in step 5 instead of a cool bowl.
Amy McEntee is a mum of two and the author of Sydney based food blog, Eat Raise Love. A lover of all things food (& wine!), Amy is often found cooking for playdates and gifting meals to others. Amy cooks from the heart and shares her easy, healthy recipes and meal ideas for busy families.