17 People Who Very Much Regret Not Applying Sunscreen Before a Day Out
As warmer weather approaches, we are reminded about the hazards of not protecting ourselves against the sun’s harmful rays. Us Aussies are well aware of the damage that our blazing sun can do to our skin, but there are a lot of people out there who haven’t received the memo that sunscreen is important.
Whether they simply forgot to use sunscreen or they applied it sparingly, these people have a lot of regrets. There is little worse than the hot, tomato-hued shame of realising that you’ve neglected to protect yourself from the sun after a fun day out. The sense of horror as you realise that it will only get worse before it gets better. Especially when you remember that had every chance to prevent it.
Here are 17 people who very much regret not applying sunscreen before a day out.
1. If this man had plans to even out his tan, he probably should cover up his top half
2. This is what happens when you fall asleep in the sun with your phone on your tummy
3. If someone offers to help you put sunscreen on your back, say yes or you’ll end up looking like this man
4. Or this one!
5. This man’s adam’s apple stuck out just enough to provide some shade to this one little spot
6. Wearing jeans clearly provides some protection from the sun, unless they have holes in the knees – ouch!!
7. Another ripped jeans wearer wishing she’d thought of sunscreen!
8. By the looks of her tan lines, this lady was recently wearing an open-shouldered top with a lattice cutout across the back. And we think her hair might have been in a ponytail.
9. Another bizarre tan line, this time courtesy of some cut-out leggings.
10. This redhead probably should have known better. Gosh, that looks painful!
11. Hey, at least her new tan lines look pretty and symmetrical!
12. This gentleman has nailed the Neopolitan ice cream look quite nicely.
13. A timely warning to always rub in spray-on sunscreen lotion!
14. Not so happy now…
15. Never fall asleep while eating cereal!
16. If only there were some sort of headwear to protect him from this sort of thing…
17. This man fell victim to a roll-on stick of sunscreen. Hey, at least he can see how effective it is when applied correctly!
According to the Cancer Council, sunscreen needs to be applied 20 minutes before going outside and should be reapplied every two hours if you are spending time outdoors and after swimming, sweating, or towel drying.
Source: Bored Panda