Image source: News.com.au
The NSW Food Authority has issued an urgent warning to consumers who may have bought improperly labelled Easter chocolate from retail giant Target.
The Easter chocolate bunnies, and a duck, are reported to have been made in Germany, where they were incorrectly labelled “may contain shell fruit” instead of “may contain tree nuts and peanuts.’
Target Australia has recalled several varieties of chocolate Easter bunnies and a chocolate duck after the products – which contain tree nuts and peanuts – were incorrectly labelled, raising concerns about potentially life-threatening reactions in some people with allergies.
The recalled product batches all have the best before date: 30.06.2016 and include:
- Target Milk Chocolate Bunny, in 900g, 500g, 200g or 100g sizes
- Target Dark Chocolate Bunny, 100
- Target White Chocolate Bunny, in 500g or 100g sizes
- Target Milk Chocolate Duck, 250g
- Klett Easter Cone Mixed Bag of Chocolates, 400g
- Klett Milk Chocolate Sitting Bunny, 150g
The products are safe for consumption for those who do not have a tree nut or peanut allergy.
Purchasers can return the products to the place of purchase for a refund.
For more information telephone Target Australia on 1300 753 567