There is no denying chocolate and cheesecake are two of my favourite things, so it only makes sense to combine them!
With an almond and chocolate biscuit base, a creamy chocolate filling and extra chocolate sprinkled over the top – you are guaranteed to enjoy every singe bite of this delicious dessert. This recipe is so easy to put together that’s it practically no fail!
- For the Base:
- 1 cup of crushed chocolate ripple biscuits
- 100g of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of almond meal (ground almonds)
- For the Filling:
- 500g of Cream Cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 200g of Toblerone plus an extra 100g finely sliced to decorate
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, butter and almond meal and press into the base your springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Place tin in the fridge to chill.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- While the mixer is still going, add the melted chocolate and cream and continue to beat until combined.
- Remove springform tin from the fridge and pour the filling over the top and gently smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the extra Toblerone over the top of the cheesecake and pop back into the fridge for 3 - 4 hours (preferably overnight) until set.
Remove from tin and cut into slices to enjoy!!