Beef Stroganoff with Tagliatelle Recipe
Add some muscle to your beef stroganoff with tagliatelle recipe by using big chunky pieces of casserole steak, slowly cooked on your stovetop until tender and falling apart. The days of skinny little strips of chewy beef will be well and truly over when you sample this beefed up version of beef stroganoff! Serve it with delicious al dente tagliatelle pasta mixed through it and you’re onto a winner the whole family will love.
This traditional Russian dish has become popular around the world for it’s creamy flavours and easy, versatile recipe. In Finland they make stroganoff with sausages and in the USA it is sometimes made with buffalo meat! Try convincing your picky kids to eat that one! Or just stick to big chunky melt in your mouth casserole steak instead. So good.
- 375g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef casserole steak, trimmed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped continental parsley
- 1. Heat oil in a large cast iron casserole pan and fry beef until browned. Add onions and mushrooms and stir to cook evenly.
- 2. Add paprika and flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomato paste, sauce and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 50 minutes or until beef is tender.
- 3. Cook tagliatelle pasta as per packet directions. Take casserole off the heat and allow to cool until there are no bubbles on the surface. Add sour cream and stir well to combine. Add tagliatelle and parsley to the pan, give it a good stir to mix thoroughly and serve with crusty bread.