Chocolate Snickers Cake Recipe
There really is a lot to love about this cake. Not only does it taste amazing thanks to the combination of Snickers and Chocolate, but it is also so easy to make and can be whipped up in no time using just one bowl – winning! This Chocolate Snickers Cake is made with a base chocolate melt and mix recipe and you can simply add your favourite chocolate bar to the mixture to create your own unique version. It’s perfect served on it’s own or with a simple chocolate icing, however you could also top it with a rich chocolate ganache if you prefer. It really is the perfect cake for your next birthday party or celebration.
To make this Chocolate Snickers Cake, you will need:
250g melted butter, slightly cooled
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 ½ cup plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup of coconut
¾ cup sifted cocoa
5 Snickers Bars – chopped into small pieces
Let’s put it together!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter either in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove – set aside whilst you collect the other ingredient to allow it to slightly cool.
3. Chop the Snickers Bars into small pieces and set aside until needed.
4. Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together until the mixture is just smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
7. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before carefully turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake has completely cooled, it can be iced.
To make chocolate icing you will need:
1 & 1/2 cups of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1 teaspoon of softened butter
2 tablespoons of boiling water
Let’s put it together!
1. Sift together the coca and icing sugar into a small bowl
2. Add the softened butter to the bowl and pour the boiling water directly over the top of it
3. Use a small whisk, combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth.
Please note: if your chocolate icing is a little thick, simply add 1/2 a teaspoon of water at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
Use a spatula to ice your cake. Leave the cake for 30 minutes to allow the icing to set before serving.
- 250g melted butter, slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- ¾ cup sifted cocoa
- 5 Snickers Bars – chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter either in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove – set aside whilst you collect the other ingredient to allow it to slightly cool.
- Chop the Snickers Bars into small pieces and set aside until needed.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together until the mixture is just smooth.
- Add the chopped Snickers and gently fold through.
What is your favourite one bowl cake recipe?