Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Growing up my mum always, always made peanut butter cookies. Or chocolate chip cookies. But the boy I had a not-so-secret crush on, well; his mum made them together. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and they were to. die. for. The best of both worlds. I will never forget a Snoopy’s comic strip where Snoopy was dreaming about his perfect meal and it matched mine perfectly; Peanut Butter Pizza and Chocolate Root Beer. Peanut Butter and chocolate go together perfectly and these cookies are a match made in heaven. And for good reason. You know how there’s a trend right now about sweet and salty together? As in salted caramel and salted chocolate? This is why it works so well (and clearly my boyfriend’s mum was ahead of the times).
- 60g (2 oz.) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced, 350F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg until just combined. Stir in flour, then peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into balls; place 3cm (1 1/4 inch) apart on trays. Flatten mixture slightly, pushing any nuts or choc chips back into mixture if they fall out.
- Bake biscuits 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on tray.