Chicken Bites with Chilli Corn Dip
If you’ve got children, you’d know how much they universally adore chicken nuggets. These chicken bites with chilli corn dip are a slightly more grown up version of chicken nuggets with tomato sauce – and they are a whole lot healthier! They are oven baked and so simple to throw together.
The chilli corn dip will become a standard part of your repertoire in no time – just mix and serve! You can re-use any leftover dip the next day on jacket potatoes with grated cheese on top, or with carrot and celery sticks.
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, chopped into 3cm nuggets
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 x 410g can creamed corn
- 3 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chives
- Oven fries and salad ingredients (mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, grated carrot, cubes of cheese etc) to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. Place chopped chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add milk and stir to coat.
- 3. Combine cornflake crumbs, paprika, garlic salt, herbs and pepper in a bowl. Remove each piece of chicken one at a time from the milk and shake off the excess. Coat the chicken in crumb mixture and place on the prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chicken and crumb mixture, then spray the chicken bites with oil.
- 4. Bake chicken bites for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and cooked through.
- 5. For the chilli corn dip: combine the tinned creamed corn, sweet chilli sauce, sour cream and chives in a bowl and stir to mix well.
- 6. Serve chicken bites with chilli corn dip, oven fries and salad.