Parenting is a hard job. Some say the hardest. Have you ever thought “there has to be an easier way!”
Well wait no longer. There is. I bring to you 20 amazing life hacks for parents to hopefully make you and your child’s life just that little bit easier. All of these “hacks” are cheap and easy to achieve, making it the perfect guide for any parent.
Life Hacks to help Make Parenting Easier
1. Use empty bottles on the taps until your little ones are big enough to reach the faucet.
2. Cut a hole in a dummy and use it to make giving medicine less traumatic.
3. For the older kids, make a “monster spray” with some stickers on a spray bottle. It will keep those monsters away at night.
4. The best way to keep apple slices from going brown in the lunchbox, put the apple back together with rubber bands.
6. The best way to pick up glitter and other little bits of arts and craft material, use a lint roller.
8. WD-40 – removes crayons and other “art” from the walls.
9. Help little kids put their shoes on the right feet by cutting a sticker in half and putting it in each shoe.
10. Keep kids entertained in the car on long trips by using a shoe caddy filled with toys and snacks.
11. Get your chores done in half the time and feel good about giving your baby tummy time! Get this mop onesie and let them crawl/wriggle across the floor!
12. Shopping with kids is hard, so make it easier and do this so you don’t have to drag them with you to the shoe shop!
13. The best way to store bibs. Put a hook on the back of the highchair to hang them.
14. A great way to keep little hands clean in summer, use a muffin patty pan to catch the drips from ice creams.
15. Have you ever tried to fill water balloons? Maybe this life hack will help.
16. Kids love toilet paper. This will help those little hands stop taking so much when toilet training.
17. For mums of girls, you know how frustrating combing dolls hair is. How about this to help you out? A small spray bottle with 2 tablespoons of fabric softener and water = “Doll Hairspray.” Genius!
18. The perfect way to stop little escapees…
19. Use a clothes basket in the bath tub so toys don’t float away from little hands.
20. Get kids to “secretly” do housework by making it into a game. Also very good for the motor skills.
Do you have any other life hacks for parents? What makes your life easier?
By Jen Stokes – Another mummy-blogger @ justicemum
Being a stay at home mum to 2 beautiful, wonderful and extremely energetic young boys, it always gives me some great stories to write about. Becoming a mum was the best thing I have ever done and I love that through writing I can express my feelings and experiences (good and bad) to other mums.
You can enjoy my blog at justicemum.wordpress.com
Also at Mums Lounge: