Oh my lordy… this is one of those recipes that you gobble down and then think ‘oh my god, did I really just eat that?’. Hehe you know the ones I mean. The recipes that taste so amazing but have no nutritional value at all… we all have a place for those recipes in our hearts (and my place is a very large place!).
I had planned to take this slice to a friends house for dinner (see I was PLANNING to share the ridiculously yummy/totally unhealthy slice around) but when I got home to make it the power was out. I finally got it made and pulled it out of the oven about 2 minutes before we had to leave and it was way too hot to slice or even to hold onto in the tin, so shame, shame, shame, I left it at home and had to eat it all by myself… shame. 🙂
This is a great change from your normal chocolate slice recipe and really is so simple. When life’s busy, I really like simple things! You could also substitute the Top Deck chocolate block for any other block you like. I think Crunchie or Smarties would be very yum too!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Top Deck Chocolate Slice Recipe
Recipe Type: Slices
Author: Bake Play Smile
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A perfect chocolate slice using Cadbury Top Deck Chocolate!
• 220 gram Cadbury Top Deck chocolate block
• 1 cup self raising Flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons cocoa
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• 1 X 395g can of sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160degrees fan forced).
2. Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
3. Place chocolate into a food processor and roughly chop (or chop into small pieces with a knife).
4. Put chopped chocolate into a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients.
5. Mix together until well combined.
6. Pour into prepared your lined tin.
7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
8. When cool cut and dust with icing sugar.
9. *Don’t worry if your mixture is super sticky when pouring into the bowl…. it’s meant to be like that!
Hope you find this recipe just as good as we have. Share it with others if you like it.
- • 220 gram Cadbury Top Deck chocolate block
- • 1 cup self raising Flour
- • 1/2 cup brown sugar
- • 2 tablespoons cocoa
- • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- • 1 X 395g can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160degrees fan forced).
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate into a food processor and roughly chop (or chop into small pieces with a knife).
- Put chopped chocolate into a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Pour into prepared your lined tin.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- When cool cut and dust with icing sugar.
- *Don’t worry if your mixture is super sticky when pouring into the bowl…. it’s meant to be like that!
More Dessert and Slice Recipes
About the Author
Hi there! My name is Lucy and I’m a primary school teacher, a wannabe baker, a wife, a blogger, a pilates lover, a chocolate addict, a super-organiser and an over-analyser. When I’m not teaching, you will usually find me whipping up something very naughty in the kitchen…. chocolate and caramel are two of my best friends! Come and join me over on my blog Bake Play Smile or on Facebook for some more sugarific baking adventures!