Vegan, Choc Hazelnut Nutella Spread
From the kitchen of: Rebecca Weller Vegan Sparkles
- 200g raw hazelnuts
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- cup raw cacao nibs
- cup agave nectar
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 - 3 tsp coconut oil (optional for extra smoothness)
- cup non-dairy milk (soy / almond, etc)
- Roast hazelnuts in a baking tray at 180C for about 10 minutes until toasted and aromatic and the skins turn a couple of shades darker.
- Remove from oven and while the hazelnuts are still warm, rub between a towel or paper towel or your fingers to remove the skins. Aim to remove at least 70% of the skins (which can be quite bitter). If there are some stubborn ones, you can pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes and try again.
- Let the hazelnuts cool completely preferably overnight or they will not blend as finely as they should (and will be hard work in your blender).
- The next day, in a high-speed blender or food processor, blend hazelnuts until fine/buttery, then add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Try not to eat it all straight from the blender!
Rebecca Weller is a Holistic Health Coach passionate about helping women transition to happier, healthier lives, re-ignite their sparkle, and fall in love with life again. Rebecca provides one-on-one health coaching, hosts regular wellness events, is the author of eBooks: ‘Eating for Energy ‘ and ‘Dessert SuperSmoothies ‘, and creator of The Sparkle Project . Get your sparkle back at VeganSparkle.com